Have you ever wondered what is so good about Herbal teas and what are their health benefits? If so, then keep reading because I’m going to go through ALL the herbal teas available and tell you the health benefits of each.
Sage Leaf & Flower
Sage’s Health Benefits include;
- Cleanse teeth and gums.
- Ease nervous tension.
- Assists with typhoid fever.
- Assists with liver and kidney problems.
- Fight colds.
- Reduces sore throats and sores and ulcers of the mouth.
- Reduce excessive perspiration.
Scullcap’s Health Benefits include;
- Mild Seditive properties – Remedy for anxiety, nervousness, convulsions and sleeping disorders such as insomnia. (Similar properties as Black Cohosh, Hops, Passionflower and Valerian Root).
- Reduce Stress
- Stablise blood pressure.
- Remedy for withdrawals of alcohol, caffeine, nicotine and other drugs.
- Stimulates menstruation and may help treat menstrual cramps.
- Relieves pain; such as headaches, and back pain.
- Natural Remedy for epilepsy and convulsions (as previously mentioned).
Spearmint’s Health Benefits include;
- Treatment of headaches.
- Treatment of nervous tension and stress.
- Treatment of Respiratory problems such as Asthma, Bronchitis and Catarrh (“Excessive discharge or buildup of mucus in the nose or throat, associated with inflammation of the mucous membrane.”).
- Contains antioxidants and phyto-nutrients (“nutrients derived from plant material that have been shown to be necessary for sustaining human life”).
- Contains Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese and Potassium.
- Contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Beta Carotene, Folates, Roboflavin and Thiamin.
- Reduces symptoms of nausea, flatulence and hiccups as it relaxes the stomach muscles.
- Natural local anaesthetic, which is part of its use in toothpastes and mouthwashes (refreshers).
- Treats skin problems in lotion form; itching, and dermatitis.
- Reduces unwanted hairs due to hormones (especially during pregnancy in women) – Anti-androgenic properties (“substance capable of inhibiting the biological effects of androgenic hormones”).
St John’s Wort Leaf & Flower
St John’s Wort’s Health Benefits include;
- Treats jaundice.
- Treats chest congestion.
- Treats depression.
- Relieves pain from headaches, injuries and wounds.
- Treats anemia.
- Treats bruises, and skin problems.
Click the letters below, to browse all the Herbal Teas and their benefits.
Feel free to leave a comment or email me, if you want to know more. You can also check out our Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages.