Yoga is considered a predominately female physical exercise possibly due to the gentle, soft and feminine movements it features. However, yoga was not created exclusively for women and its health benefits are available to everyone. Men usually turn to more masculine forms of exercise, but there are so many reasons why yoga is beneficial for men’s health as much as it is for women’s. Here are the top reasons why men should do yoga and enjoy it at the same time.
- Among other things, yoga’s purpose is to relax the body and mind of people practicing it. There are many types of yoga, but all of them have relaxation in common. It’s excellent for men who deal with stress at work or lead dynamic lifestyles and just need some time off for themselves at the end of a long day.
- There are not many physical activities that bring more flexibility than yoga. Stretching helps the muscles wake up and improve total body flexibility and mobility. Also, yoga works with asanas (postures) that are created to stretch every body part to its optimal point, so soon enough, you’ll feel more energized. Yoga can improve your posture, digestion, detox you etc.
- Muscle toning. Yes, you heard well. While yoga is not exactly weight lifting, it does work with your body weight to tone your muscles. Most asanas are complex, even though they look very easy to do. There are many squats, push-ups and poses requiring hard work of the muscles, so don’t underestimate the power of yoga to tone your muscles.
- Challenging yourself. Yoga techniques require a lot of patience and perseverance in order to be done right. While some yoga types are milder than others, there are some that incorporate more activity in them such as flow yoga, power yoga, vinyasa yoga etc. The level of physical activity can be easily compared to a day at the gym. This is where challenging yourself begins.
- Injury prevention. Yoga always requires you to go to the limits you feel are your peak, but never above them which is the case with other physical activities. Pushing yourself way up above the limits that your body can handle is dangerous as it leads to numerous injuries. Yoga can help you prevent these injuries by improving your flexibility and by teaching you to listen to your body’s needs and abilities.
- Improved sexual performance. Yoga can lead to better sex because it teaches you focus, determination, flexibility, breathing techniques and additionally, it prevents premature ejaculation.
- Mind detox. Yoga is all about detox of body and mind. It works on detoxifying the mind by making you focus on the now, not on the past or future. This way, your mind will not let negative thoughts pollute the present moment when all you need to do is focus on your asanas. Many times, with yoga comes guided meditation and this combination will clear your mind of all negativity and stress. In return, you’ll be more focused at work, happier with yourself and more confident with the ladies.
Still want to know more? You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. Check our pages out, and don’t forget to Follow us, to keep up-to-date on Everything you need to know for Eating Healthy & Living Fit!